Parade of Sail 2021, Norwalk, CT
SATURDAY June 12th
Please join us in celebration of LGBTQ Pride in collaboration with the Triangle Community Center in Norwalk, CT
KSA Members are invited to join in a Pride event and fundraiser for TCC, an active and long running community center serving LGBTQ in western CT.
In addition to the Boat parade on Saturday (free), TCC also has two optional fundraiser aspects , a lobster bake on Sheffield Island, and also they are seeking corporate sponsors for chartered boats, if you know of a sponsor that may be interested.
Since the boat parade begins at Saturday 11:30am, KSA boats may want to consider a Friday and or Saturday overnight in Norwalk.
Here's the itinerary:
• Friday June 11 evening. KSA boats can meet up in Norwalk Harbor Town Dock or Norwalk Harbor South Anchorage. Optional dinner ashore at one of the many outdoor dining options around Norwalk Harbor.
• Saturday 11:30 AM Vessels assemble with Rainbow colors between Norwalk Cove Marina and Peach island. Sail to head of harbor by Maritime Center, then out harbor to pass by Calf Pasture Beach, ending at Sheffield Island for anchorage and optional Lobster Bake ashore.
• Saturday Afternoon: lunch aboard at Sheffield Island at anchor
• Saturday 6:00pm official festivities conclude. Consider dinner ashore with KSA and any new Norwalk friends. Norwalk Harbor Town Dock or Norwalk Harbor South Anchorage (watch depth).
• Saturday evening: Anchor out in Norwalk islands or Town dock depending on weather.
• Sunday morning: depart
Some reference info and links:
Norwalk Town Dock
South Anchorage: This is a small triangle roughly bounded by G21, G19, and side channel marker R2. From there you can dinghy easily anywhere in harbor. In 6-7 feet of water at MLLW can anchor in the space east of main channel and west of the line of moorings. For more info, reach out to email@example.com.
NEED COLOR FOR YOUR VESSEL TRY THIS SITE
Knickerbocker Sailing Association
New York, NY